<< Back to recent threads

No access to Google Scholar?

Posted by Crystal 4 years ago
Hi! I wonder how to check the independent citations count on Google Scholar if I can't access it? I mean I'm currently in China so I can't access Google Scholar....

I can access Web of Science. Anyone think it's a good idea to use Web of Science as a citations source?

Or should I google each of my paper in Google and manually add up all the citations? I mean, I mean this could take days to complete!

So I think if someone cited large chunk of my work, that has more significance than a simple citations number. Right?

I know I'm babbling a lot but my key question is basically how to find out citations count in China?
Posted by angrybird612 4 years ago

to Crystal:

I think immigration Officers generally see Google Scholar as the most reliable source. Some of my Chinese colleagues have a special way to "find out" their citations count by using a specific tool that can "reflect" their citations record on Google Scholar. Maybe you can try to get this app?
Posted by Danny 4 years ago

to Crystal:

CNKI and Web of Science shold be fine. Do you have your citation record on other databases that are not barred by Chinese government? Like Researchgate?
Posted by smallbear467 4 years ago
I think you can check out your citations on Baidu Xueshu. Here: https://xueshu.baidu.com/. Hope it helps.
1 - 4 of 4