<< Back to recent threads

How is the service center decided?

2020-03-19 05:35:21
5 391
Posted by Virgil 4 years ago
Hi friends, based on my research, I found out that there are different service centers where I-140 petitions are processed. Does anyone know on what basis is the service center allotted? Can I choose a service center for EB-1A case?
Posted by lazypeacock734 4 years ago

to Virgil:

I went through USCIS website about this before. This is what I've learned, you can't choose a service center. It doesn't matter which category your I-140 is filed under. You just can't. The service center is decided by your proposed employment address. Or, if you are unemployed and have no job offer whatsoever, the service center is decided by your mailing address then.
Posted by Wendy 4 years ago

to Virgil:

Previous responder is right. TSC and NSC each judge half of the states, so it depends on which state your proposed employment is going to be
Posted by darlene.owens701 4 years ago

to lazypeacock734:

That's correct. SC is determined either by your proposed employment address (if you have one), or your residing address (if you do not have a proposed employment).
Posted by sally.nichols383 4 years ago

to Virgil:

No you can't choose. USCIS will decide for you! I moved to New Jersey in order to file my case to TSC! Phew!
1 - 5 of 5