<< Back to recent threads

Journal reviews all under my advisors name

2020-03-27 09:11:24
5 358
Posted by Ben 4 years ago
I have a question. My advisor is the editor of several journals which are famous in Biochemistry field. She also knows other editor/professors too in other universities. The thing is that I reviewed so many papers however those works were all under my advisor’s name. My advisor promises me she can ask other editor to write a statement to prove I have been an important peer reviewer........My question is would that be good supporting material for my I-140 application? Thank you for answering.
Posted by Mia 4 years ago

to Ben:

Are you planning to file EB-1A or EB-1B? If so, then reviews under your advisor's name are not that helpful. I would suggest that you review some papers on your own before you file your case. Fyi, NIW does not need paper reviews.
Posted by Ian 4 years ago

to Ben:

FYI, you can easily contact some editors in your field to request the chance of reviewing papers independently. Hope this helps! :)
Posted by Eva 4 years ago

to Mia:

Is that really so? I heard from my friend that you can still count them as your own review experience as long as you can provide evidence (e.g. letters from your advisor or, the author) that it was you who reviewed the papers.
Posted by heavyswan242 4 years ago

to Eva:

Yeah, reviewing for your advisor would not be very helpful unless you can provide strong evidences to prove that you were the main reviewer.
1 - 5 of 5