<< Back to recent threads

H1B and O1-which one better for GC applicants?

2020-03-27 09:21:28
5 325
Posted by Tracy 4 years ago
Hi I'm asking this for my husband. He now has an opportinity to be sponsored O1. I told him to go with it but he said that all of his friend that got the green card were on H1B when they file the petition....Is H1B really better the O1??? I think this is a rare opportinity and the company is quite good as well....Can someone share on this? Anyone got their GC while on O1? Thanks!!
Posted by Tracy 4 years ago

to Tracy:

correction: friend*s*. Sorry I'm new here. Can anyone tell me how to edit??????
Posted by Mia 4 years ago

to Tracy:

Hi Tracy, many of my friends who were on H-1B and O-1 visas received their green cards. So, I think both O-1 and H-1B are good visas, and your husband should not miss the opportunity of getting one.
Posted by Bella 4 years ago

to Tracy:

I don't think there's much difference whether you apply for a green card being on H1B or O-1. My understanding is that you can be on any type of visa when you apply for a green card. It should be fine for your husband to go on O-1.
Posted by Dora 4 years ago

to Tracy:

Agree with the previous replies. Both are pretty good, but I did hear that you can't get a new O1 after you file 485 so maybe H1B is a little better? Shouldn't be too different though

Also Tracy: I don't think there's an edit function. Once you post there's no undoing haha
1 - 5 of 5