<< Back to recent threads

Refiling?

2020-04-08 08:18:04
6 353
Posted by Elizabeth 4 years ago
Would a previous denial affect your chance of approval? If your I-140 is denied, is it better to wait for a while before refiling or you can go ahead and file another one? Would USICIS take previous denials into consideration???
Posted by Jerry 4 years ago

to Elizabeth:

Hey, each case is adjudicated separately, so technically your previous denial won't affect your future I-140 petitions. In case of denial, you can wait for a couple of months before filing another one.
Posted by Howard 4 years ago

to Jerry:

I heard that the officers have access to your previous denial record. I don't know if this would have actual effect though.
Posted by Mabel 4 years ago

to Howard:

I heard about similar view. Actually, it’s from my lawyer. He said that the firm have noticed a higher RFE rate and lower approval rate for cases with previous denial record.
Posted by Elizabeth 4 years ago

to Howard:

That's what I'm worried too. If they have access to your previous denial, I'm worried that it might create a bad impression on the officer when I refile.
Posted by Howard 4 years ago

to Elizabeth:

I personally feel it makes sense to wait for a few months to reapply because you can wait for your citations to increase as well.
1 - 6 of 6