<< Back to recent threads

Am I qualified for EB-1? I think i have three criteria

2020-05-06 08:42:39
5 410
Posted by irene.craig129 4 years ago
Hi! I was wondering if anyone who filed under EB-1 can give me some advice about the EB-1 criteria. I have an approved EB-2 but i'm from India so it's a long wait and i want to take a chance at EB-1.

My credentials for EB-1 are
1) 5 journal publications (hopefully with more papers to be published soon)
2) I am a member of IEEE
3) i have a couple of awards that I received when I was a PhD student
4) I've reviewed around 5 papers for prestigious journals
5) My salary is pretty good compared to researchers in my field but not sure if it counts as "high" salary
6) There have been a couple of media reports released recently about the research I have been doing with my group

Is this enough for EB-1? Do I need to claim more than 3 criteria?
Posted by Marsha 4 years ago

to irene.craig129:

It depends largely on the quality of your evidence. For example, I know awards for students are not really helpful. As for your salary, how good is your "pretty good"? Is your salary above like 90% of the people in your field?
Posted by Dora 4 years ago

to irene.craig129:

I think you will need to do some more paper reviews. My friend had the same number of reviews, and she was asked to do 5-10 more.
Posted by irene.craig129 4 years ago

to Marsha:

How can I show the level of my salary? I'm not in industry so I'm not sure if it will go into top 10%.
Posted by ronald.turner482 4 years ago

to irene.craig129:

I also heard you need a really strong citation record for EB1. My friend had almost 50 citations and apparently some lawyers said it was too small for EB1A!
1 - 5 of 5