<< Back to recent threads

Filing EB-2 for Indian citizens?

2020-06-21 06:01:58
5 952
Posted by Leo 4 years ago
I plan to file under EB-1 but I heard that it is a good idea to also apply for EB-2 NIW. I have not filed GC before so I don't completely understand why it is suggested. Isn't it a long wait for Indians under EB-2? Can someone help me to understand this? Thank you!
Posted by Gabe 4 years ago

to Leo:

I'm from China and I have an approved EB-2. Indeed we have to wait for quite a long time under EB-2, but it can help you get an earlier priority date. And then if you want to apply for EB-1 later you can use the same priority date.
Posted by cindy.west705 4 years ago

to Leo:

EB-2 is easier to get approved and it can help you get an earlier PD. I'm also from India and I have an approved EB-2. Now I have some new credentials that I can add to my profile, so I'm thinking to apply EB-1 soon and use the PD I got from EB-2 for the new EB-1 case.
Posted by craig.olson170 4 years ago

to Leo:

Yeah we have to wait a very long time under EB-2, but as Gebe and Cindy said it can help you get an earlier PD. Also if you have H1B you can extend it over the 6 year limit.
Posted by Miriam 4 years ago

to craig.olson170:

I have an approved PERM EB-2. Is it a good idea for me to file another EB-2 under NIW?
1 - 5 of 5